tire sizings Re: Snow/winter tires & driving (long, sorry)

As for size I mentioned 185/60
You could also go to a 175/70 on a 14x6" rim
or 165/75 or/80  on a 13x5.5" rim keeping in mind 16v
brakes up front don't fit under 13" rims in my
experience.

Yes the narrower the tire the more psi on the contact
patch.  exactly the principal my "new" prototype ice
racing tire works on... I added about 110 #10 machine
bolts to a Temporary spare type tire, trying to
replicate the WRC ice tires... they look MEAN, of
course they wouldn't work for $=!# on roads, ice only.