Snow/winter tires & driving (long, sorry)

And to this I'll add that I have true snow tires and I really love them, if
you do get all seasons, make sure they have a fairly blocky tread, and that
you begin each winter season with no signs of the wear bars seeing the light
of day, worn all seasons are useless in the snow.
Cathy, getting Buffalo's leftovers when the wind shifts