Snow/winter tires & driving (long, sorry)

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 08:53:19AM -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
> I had true snows on my 16v last year, some closeout special that was at
>the tire store. They worked well and the car handled quite comfortably
>and predictably. It rarely slid, most of the times it did I was helping
>it, but when it did it was pretty easy to maintain. This year I think I'm
>going to try studs on the front and regular tires on the back.

Very bad idea, man.  Good traction in front and poor traction in rear
means you'll have a real hard time keeping that car straight while
braking.

Dan

--
Barbie says, Take quaaludes in gin and go to a disco right away!
But Ken says, WOO-WOO!!  No credit at "Mr. Liquor"!!

		-- Zippy the Pinhead