car accident

A few days ago I had a red honda cut me off..my breaks locked up and i slid
into a road curb doing about 40...He then left me there..thats the history
now onto the present. I took the car to the mechanic cause the right side
wheel was bent out kinda like this  /  <---- pretend that line is the tire
  (  its supposed to be like this | )...well come to find out my strut was
bent and so was my control arm. Now my car still pulls to the right really
badly. I went to 2 places for alignment both said that the car had body
damage and that they cant adjust anything.  One place had it up there for a
good hour and a half trying to adjust anything they could but they told me
nothing would budge. Also the car body rubs against the tires when I go over
bumps now or do sharp turns and the tire still looks a little off. I was
just wondering is it really that easy to damage the body on the scirocco?
and wouldnt the axel and CV joints break frist or something else before the
body gets bent. The tire took the full force of the blow no other part of my
car hit. It just seems awkard to have body damage the control arm wasnt even
that badly bent. The strut on the other hand was devastated. Can any one
help me out by explaining how that makes sence. Im taking it to a body shop
tomorrow to have looked at i jsut want to go in with some knowledge.

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com