Clorox and Brake Fluid & 86 8V

I don't know about brake fluid and clorox, nor do I want to. However, from
hard experience working with very nasty stuff: please don't produce
chlorine gas, especially by mixing clorox and ammonia.

Also, if you have young boys who miss the target and you have a grouted
tile floor, don't spray the grout with chlorine/bleach content
disinfectants. Same result.

Now, can any of you chemists tell me what parts have gone wrong to cause my
86 8V Scirocco (over 250,00 mile original engine -and CLUTCH) to have lost
accelerator pedal travel to the point where I only have 3/4 throttle? I can
lift the pedal fully then depress fully.
It's almost as if something unseen bent. What might have caused the
geometry to change?