Adding VDO gauges (?)

<snip Chris>
Hey folks -- are all the requisite senders in place on my '88 Rocco to add
gauges from an early-80's Cabriolet?
<end snip>

I'm assuming this is similar to the cluster I took from a Jetta:  Oil
pressure, voltage, and oil temp.  The only sender you will need is the oil
pressure sender.  Look for an unpainted metal cylinder with two, screw type
electric connectors on the head of the Cabby (I think it's on the head of
Cabbies).  It's like 2" x 3".  That's the oil pressure sender.  Take it.  If
it's gone, I got my sender at egauges.com a few years back.  Other than
that, you're good to go.  You'll need to run a wire from the battery to the
voltage gauge (others will chime in here and tell you it's better to run it
from a different location, so YMMV).  The oil temp you've already got.
While you're at it, take the center console of the cabby.  With some careful
Dremel work, you can cut out the 3-gauge holder and use it in your Scirocco.
It's not as fancy as the metal ones you can buy, but it will look stock and
you'll get Cheapass(tm) Ron to smile.

-Brad
'86.5 Scirocco 16v