ASF and ACN transmission codes

3.67 final drive = ick.  Fine for cruising, but not for
acceleration.

FF or FN will give you similar cruise RPM numbers with a
3.89 final drive, better IMHO.

--- Max Tremblay <maxwarhole@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well I went junkyard hunting this morning (good way to
> start the day) and found 2 gearboxes that i can get. i
> have to pull it myself but they're only 125$ , maybe i
> could get both for cheap. Anyways,
> one is a ASF, out of a Jetta with 112,000 miles (code
> 15118-3)
>
> the other is ACN, also out of a Jetta but unknown
> miles (code 20026)
>
> it appears the gear ratios are the same in both of
> these, according to This website .
>
> That is, they have a 3.67 final drive and a .75 5th
> gear...
>
> My main questions are:
>
> are the input shafts the same size (ie dont need to
> change clutch)
> are the driveflanges 100mm? If not, i can use my 4k's
> driveflanges?
> i can transfer my 80% limited slip right on?
>
> Anyone have one of these in their rocco? i love the
> idea of going 75 mph at 3000 rpm..

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '82 Scirocco.
"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."  Livy.