"Overfueling" problem solved!

Hi folks -- if you recall, I joined the list a couple months back when I
purchased an '88 Rocco.  I was told by the p.o. that the car had an
overfueling problem (which is why it was so cheap); I got the car home and
found only that it needed motor mounts.  The plugs WERE fouled, so I
replaced them, but the car ran fine.  Last night, after installing new
front & rear motor mounts, I took the car for a drive.  Half way through,
the car began to run rough and, you guessed it, overfuel!  It would barely
stay running.

When I got it home, I noticed that someone had made a wiring repair at a
sender on the driver's side of the block, under the distributor.  One wire
had come loose; all I did was tighten the crimp on the repaired section
and plug it back in, and the problem solved itself.  Needless to say, I am
a happy camper!

My question is this -- what was that sender?  I don't have my manuals
handy at the moment, so can't look it up.  Funny thing is, just after I
bought the car and got it towed home, I noticed that the same wire was
loose and plugged it back in then, too, fixing the p.o.'s problem w/o even
realizing it!  That's why I could never get it to act up.

Hopefully this'll solve my major issues.  Now to fix the little things
(vibrations in the dash, dash illumination is half out, odo dead, etc...)!

Thanks to all who have offered advice recently!

Chris
cscmc1@eiu.edu