My clutch doesnt feel right. (rabbit)

I replaced the 1.6D motor witha recently rebuilt one several months ago and
kept the same trans with the car.  I had my choice of clutch parts (two
donors sort of) and used the clutch disk that looked good and did not show
uneven wear or "run-out"  Did not "mic" it however.  I even used the
centering tool from a friendly shop.  After some new linkage bushings and
redline MTL, every thing there worked fine for a "just get around town" car.
Although there is a lot of side ways slop in the shifter when in gear.
about an inch each way left and right when in 3rd for example.
My "problem" is that about 1 time out of ten when i leave a stop sign,  the
car very slightly jerks ahead just as I start to release the clutch.  And I
mean just barely off the floor.  Jerk isnt even the right word as it is so
slight.  It releases a split second later and then starts to grab at where I
expect it to as the pedal is more that half way up.  A non car person would
not notice it but it just started about 10 days or 100 miles ago and has not
increased its frequency much if at all.

Also, maybe related.  If I am parked on a slight hill, the car will not roll
free after i push in the clutch (engine off) and the stick takes a bit of
effort to pull it out of 1st.  I can start the engine with no tell tale jerk
of it being in gear however and then it will start to roll.
I am willing to look more closely at the shifter parts partiularly to adress
the large amount of side to side slop it has.  About the same as how
neutural feels.  A lot.
What do you think?  Theorys?  Sound familiar?
Thanks,
ken