Guess who joined the 2L club?

I know we love to argue, but nobody is in favour of the 1.8 going back in
are they? After all, "there is no replacement", well, unless you shove extra
air in there. And Jason will know, if you transpose the torque curves for
both, is there any point at which the 2L curve lies below the 1.8's,
anywhere in the rpm range?
Cathy