Noooo!!! Possible SMS or clutch failure.

Well, it happened today.  After 2 years of faithful service, the 16V left me stranded.  I pushed the clutch in and it snapped to the floor.  I thought the cable snapped, but it was intact, although the mount through the firewall was ripped to pieces (?).  Pulling the clutch back up did nothing.  So I tried limping it home with no clutch (you can do that on cars without clutch safety switches - stall at red light, crank over in first with the gas on at green light - yay!)  But alas, my clutch was only partially engaged.  Sooo... pulled over and played around somemore, and got the tranny stuck in reverse.
Lately, I've noticed gear oil dripping from somewhere, and my gears (I think) have been making a gentle 'electrical' sounding whine.  I suspect SMS, but I also suspect a bent pressure plate or broken pushrod.  Dunno, any ideas?  For now, she's resting in the garage waiting for the 4K to go in.  I miss her already. ;)