RPM drop

please Please PLEASE fix the date on your puter.  I keep seeing your emails with the correct date, but wrong day, therefor I'm assuming that you're in the wrong year.

Mike "Gotta go back in tyme!" Smith
'86 red 16v (DeLorian... not)

John Lagnese <jlagnese@massed.net> wrote:
I've got a problem with the new Daily Driver. Its a 92 Jetta GL 1.8 8V. If I hold the rpms at 2500 the engine will abruptly die to 1000 rpm. It kind of chugs along and then will go back up only to drop again. I couldn't find a vacuum leak. I sprayed carb cleaner at all lines and connections. I put on a new cap I had on the extra parts shelf in the garage.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source