fuel to the fire

Dan,
  Lately, I've thrown more jabs than usual at the 8v guys and their engines.  They were just that: jabs (in pugilistic terms), not hooks and uppercuts(or kidney/rabbit punches).  This back-and-forth stuff was all in fun. You can tell it was not serious because no one (until now) tried to "prove" the superiority of one engine over the other, through statistics, expert opinion, etc.
  Start quoting people outside the list and you give the impression that you are taking this banter seriously. (i.e.throwing punches meant to hurt)  That might be why several of us have come back so intently.
  No one can prove that the 16v is inferior to the 8v any more than one can prove the reverse, and it's almost insulting that someone would try....hence, you felt the wrath of the insulted!!  :)
 Ding! Ding! Ding!  Let's just forget the whole thing and get on with life....it's still a nice day (in Colorado AND in California).
(And Ron??  Naw, he's a tippy-tapper...never seen him get even close to ugliness....you can single me out if you like, I probably deserve it, but Cheapazz doesn't.)

Larry
sandiego16v

  --- Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
  > Have you missed almost ALL of Larrys, Ron's and other's posts lately?

  No, I read almost all of my own posts lately.  Anyone thinking I was seriously trying to stir
  something has to lighten up in a BIG way.

  Love y'all anyway!

  Cheapass Ron
  Whose built more 8V's than 16V's