SOT: VW has hot new audio system?

Dan Smith wrote:

> According to TechTV (haven't looked at the Phatbox website yet) but it
> will work with any car that has a headunit with CD changer (aux)
> control. That would probably be why it can work with newer dubs. It just
> seemed interesting that the ad I linked was someone who said it was a VW
> dealer part and so I was wondering if VW was it's main distributor or
> something. I'd buy that upgrade if it was me. 500 CDs........*drool*.

Here are the various versions available..

<http://www.phatnoise.com/products/digitalmediaplayers/index.php>

You can't just plug one of these things into anything, in order to be
able to display track info, the interface has to be made for the
particular application.  Kenwood also sells a licensed version of the
Phatbox called the Music Keg that is specifically for Kenwood head
units.  I have a compatible Kenwood in the 'rocco and have contemplated
getting one.. now you have me thinking about it again!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA