  From: Scirocco Pilot
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 1:14 PM
  Subject: Anyone dealt with this guy??? Sounds fishy.

  I've a motor for sale listed on the classifieds and
  vortex, code PG incase any one's interested... anyway
  I'vee got a nibble but it sound like a big fishy to
  me... the fellow's name is Jummy from Holland or
  England and here's an e-mail message he sent me...

  ----Quote----

  Good day to you J adams
  Thanks very much for the reply and God
  bless. .I quite agreed with the condition of the
  motor despite it doesn't has G-ladder and you should
  not worry about the shipping to England i will handle
  that. I need the item badly.
  Well,not to waste time becos i need motor urgently i
  quite agreed to pay the $700 for it
  becos of the urgency in need of it.
  But this is how we are going to seal the
  transaction becos of delays and fastness.There is one
  of my assosiates in the United states , who is oweing
  me the sum of $6120 in which i will ask him to issue a
  cashier check or Money Order of the total money oweing
  me to you and you will deduct the total cost of the
  item + transfering charges and send the balance to me
  via Western money transfer . The
  reason
  why i am doing this is because a check sent within
  America especially cashier or Money Order
  clears almost immediately.

  Concerning the shipping i've a shipping
  firm here that will just come for the pick up after
  the payment becos they are cheaper and faster and i've
  been dealing with them for years.But the only thing is
  for you to send the balance so as to pay them for the
  pick up.Kindly promise to send the balance to me becos
  i'm doing this transaction on trust level .I'm a man
  of God with faith and honest.
  So if this offer is okay by you send me your
  contact information(name and address) to which my
  assosiate will address
  the check to .. so that
  everything will be ready in time..
  Thanks once again as i await your
  response.Greetings to your family.kindly send your
  phone no for easy communication. Have a nice day.
  Regards

  Jummy

  ----End Quote----

  My inclination is this is a scam, anyone?

  Jason Adams
  Fahrvergnugen Forever :)
  84 Rocco 16v
  93 320i