Anyone dealt with this guy??? Sounds fishy.

Good advice.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Calimus
  To: Scirocco Pilot
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Anyone dealt with this guy??? Sounds fishy.

  Thats a scam.

  Someone else on the list had something almost exactly the same sent to
  them when they listed their car for sale last year I think.

  Basicly, I always apply a simple rule to anything I sell.  if they can't
  wire me the money or payt-pal it, or send it via snail mail and then
  wait till it clears, I don't need to sell it to them.

  3rd parties can come pay for the item and pick it up so long as they are
  bringing cash (no checks of any kind will do in this mannor, just cold
  hard cash).  Anything outside of those rules results in no deal

  spoke my $.02,

  William

  Scirocco Pilot wrote:

  > I've a motor for sale listed on the classifieds and
  > vortex, code PG incase any one's interested... anyway
  > I'vee got a nibble but it sound like a big fishy to
  > me... the fellow's name is Jummy from Holland or
  > England and here's an e-mail message he sent me...
  >
  > ----Quote----
  >
  > Good day to you J adams
  >  Thanks very much for the reply and God
  > bless. .I quite agreed with the  condition of the
  > motor despite it doesn't has G-ladder and you should
  > not worry about the shipping to England  i will handle
  > that.  I need the item  badly.
  > Well,not to waste time becos i need motor urgently  i
  > quite agreed to pay the $700 for  it
  > becos of the urgency in need of it.
  >    But this is how we are going to seal the
  > transaction becos of delays and fastness.There is one
  > of my assosiates in the United states , who is oweing
  > me the sum of $6120 in which i will ask him to issue a
  > cashier check or Money Order of the total money oweing
  > me to you and you will  deduct the total cost of the
  > item + transfering charges and send the balance to me
  > via Western money transfer . The
  > reason
  > why i am doing this is because a check  sent within
  > America especially cashier or Money Order
  > clears almost immediately.
  >
  > Concerning the shipping i've a shipping
  > firm here that will just come for the pick up after
  > the payment becos they are cheaper and faster and i've
  > been dealing with them for years.But the only thing is
  > for you to send the balance so as to pay them for the
  > pick up.Kindly promise to send the balance to me becos
  > i'm doing this transaction on trust level .I'm a man
  > of God with faith and honest.
  >      So if this offer is okay by you send me your
  > contact information(name and address) to which my
  > assosiate will address
  > the check to .. so that
  > everything will be ready in  time..
  >       Thanks once again as i await your
  > response.Greetings to your family.kindly send your
  > phone no for easy communication. Have a nice day.
  >   Regards
  >
  >  Jummy
  >
  > ----End Quote----
  >
  > My inclination is this is a scam, anyone?
  >
  > Jason Adams
  > Fahrvergnugen Forever :)
  > 84 Rocco 16v
  > 93 320i
  > 98 Z71

  88' Scirocco 16v (Crabby 16v)
  89' Cabriolet 8v (dead bunneh) RIP 8/25/03
  71' Karmann Ghia (air sucker)

  http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)