  From: Chris M Cougill
  To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:40 PM
  Subject: Who's done motor mounts (16V)

  Hey folks -- my '88 16V shakes and shudders like nobody's business; as the
  flex-pipe in the exhaust also leaks, I'm guessing it needs motor mounts.
  (The car acted this way when I bought it).

  Anyway, Q for those who have swapped motor mounts: how hard is it for one
  person to do with jacks stands and a floor jack?  Will a few 2x4's as
  pry-bars suffice to get things in-place and lined up?  Which motor mounts
  are likely to go first on the 16V?

  I need to get this resolved as soon as I can; any advice would be much
  appreciated!  I see Peter sells the mounts already pressed into their
  appropriate brackets for a few bucks extra; I'm guessing that's worth the
  added expense for ease of installation?

  Many thanks!

  Chris
  cscmc1@eiu.edu