[audio] subs & boxes

Hello? list down?

see more comments below. Flame suits off.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Quattro

I hear what you are saying. My decklid had already two 6" holes that were
not even centered. A real eyesore. Then I got a good deal on four Alpine 6*9
speakers at A&B Sound. I grabbed the saw, and now I have four holes that are
CENTERED. I was able to cover up from past owner's poor craftmanship.

> > > - your speakers will be very visible to the world,
> particularly thieves.
> >
> > Mine is always garaged.
>
> You never drive (and park) your car anywhere but back home? If not then
> you are definitely exempt; no one will steal your stereo while you're
> driving. Otherwise I've had friends who have gone to a movie, parked their
> (normally garaged) car outside the theater and come back to a smashed
> window and missing stereo. Maybe there is less crime in your area..

Lots of thieves in my area. This is why I always garage the Scirocco. A
friend of mine had a smashed windows on his Jetta, and they stole a baseball
glove, and a bag of potatoe chips. That plus I have euro bumpers, and street
parking is totally out of the question for me. I have had parkbenches
bumpers damaged in the past from poor drivers parking by "feel".

> > > - if you just drop them in the lid without a box they will sound like
> > >   crap, but if you build a box on the underside of the lid it will add
> > >   weight to the lid and make your trunk smaller
> >
> > They sound good to me.
>
> Sorry; I should have been more clear. I was referring to subs (most
> of which are designed for use in enclosures), not 6x9s.

I am not talking Hi-Fi here, just 6*9...