Starting problems, thanksgiving drive and gun poll

In a message dated 11/28/2003 9:39:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, kridgley@brownscar.com writes:

> I'm having a starting problem.  When I turn the key, nothing happens for a few seconds, and then the starter runs.  The
> pause only happens when the engine is cold.Any thoughts?

Yes, there is a piece of crap ground wire that VW uses from the back of the intake manifold to the coil mount.  Replace this with a nice thick wire like the size of a battery cable.  Another thing you can to is also replace the positive battery cable that goes directly to the starter.  Your car will start like a champ after you fix these.  GL

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta V6