[audio] subs & boxes

> Honestly Toby's completely right, speakers on the hatch
> aren't the best idea.  I was going with it since rocco
> guys usually have their minds set on something and its
> best to just go with it.   Annnnyways - defenately a spare
> tire box or just a simple box in the trunk is a better
> choice.   However, with just 2 5.25" woofers, you're not
> going to hear very much.  You could build a really nice
> fiberglass box in the left side behind the rear wheel

  i apologize. perhaps i should have explained that i will
be build a new deck lid along the lines of the '82 hatchlids
which were two piece. the rear section (closest to the
seats) would be where the subs and amp would go. i was
planning on creating a pigtail from the rear speakers for 1)
a low level input and 2) a quick release if i ever needed to
remove the cover for some reason. the front (rest of lid)
would be on a hinge from the rear piece and made from the
same material as the normal hatch lids and would connect to
the trunk lid via new and improved shoe-lace straps. i've
seen too much cutting of good trunk lids. born on the wrong
side of the tracks with speaker much too big for them,
making them into something like a small black hole was in
the spare wheel well sucking it down. no, i'm not heartless.
a new lid will be built.