non-ac belt

its a 16v bracket modified.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
To: "Derrick flo" <derrickmd18@verizon.net>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: non-ac belt

> If it's a stock bracket modified to fit the alternator, you'll need a 980
mm belt (Gates pn# 7380).  Do yourself a favor and grab a 975 mm as well
just in case.  Easily returnable at your local auto store.  If it's a real
Euro non-ac bracket, then it's a 945 mm, Gates pn# 7365.

> > From: "Derrick flo" <derrickmd18@verizon.net>
> > Date: 2003/11/24 Mon PM 10:34:36 EST
> > To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> > Subject: non-ac belt
> >
> > Ok my alternator went up on my scirocco 16v and I'm getting another
alternator.  I have a custom non a/c bracket that I brought a while ago and
since I'm replacing my alternator I might as well install the bracket.  the
a/c is already out of the car and the alternator is sitting in the stock
position with a longer belt.  I wanted to know what belt do I need to move
it to the a/c position?  I have a 16v and a 8v pulley already.  doing this
tomorrow so I need the info.