HID Lights - anyone installed them. I did

Got em. Check my page for some pics:
http://www.imaginehow.com/scirocco/scirocco16v.htm

These were built using E30 projector headlights .. then refitted with the
complete projection system out of an HID headlight. This way you can say the
lights act as close to factory as possible.

Unless headlights were designed for HID, with the exemption of projetor
lights with clear covers, you will never get the proper output with a
retrofit. You'll get something close .. most of the time you incur
additional glare though.

Your best bet is projectors or reflectors from an HID headlight mounted into
a new housing with a clear cover that will fit your car.

It's a lot of work, but the result is well worth it.

I'm switching the setup to Bi-xenon very soon.

Your best bet is Ebay for HID components.

1988 16V Scirocco - Black

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get MSN Extra Storage
now!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es