autox/drag/rally frame tube sizes

i'm banging out a frame design for the twin, and since it will be tubular
steel, i figure i might as well make sure i'm falling within any of the
possible requirements for any future autox/drag/rally events. keep in mind i
wouldnt be going for any awards or anything, so im not really worried about
what class i would be competing in. my main concern is that i meet any
safety minimums for getting the thing on the track at all. i am using the
space-frame concept (everything triangulated, no bending stresses on any
member - all tensile/compressive). for this type of frame, smaller diameter
is better, well, to a point at least.

my initial guess is that i could just put the thing in a class that doesnt
require a frame at all, but i figure i'd check with the drag/autox/rally
gurus before commiting to tube sizes/thicknesses. there may be some funky
'if there is a frame, it has to be ...x...' rules out there.

i tried searching for rules in the different areas, but quickly became lost
in the sea of results that came back in my searches. i figure this stuff is
common knowledge to those out there who do this kind of thing all the time.

thanks in advance for any assistance.
Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
(posting from work - on duty today)