From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 1:28 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: OT: ATTN: Jason Cameesa/ importing a rall golf

Didn't someone just post on the list that they got a UrQuattro in
trade at their dealership? I know they posted it to the audi
classified section on vortex as well.

Dan

Eric S <scirocco81@vwmail.net> wrote:
I'm with Marc on this one Jason,

Why not find a UrQuattro with a 20vT (5cyl) motor swapped in? Cheaper,
parts are available, its US legal, etc. Plus, its a damn cool car, and
has those square fenders you love....

Here is a 22k mile beauty!

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=147728853&deal
er_id=90607

They want ALOT for that one though.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic 90 Corrado TDI 91 Cabriolet (2.0
Crossflow 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)

--- "Marc Getty" wrote:

Jason,

With only $1K down and a 60 month loan an evo would cost you
$575/month tops. However, the evo is considered a "high performance
vehicle" by all insurance companies and your insurance is likely to be
MUCH higher then expected.

Go for something a little less crazy then importing a car, it's a lot
of work, takes a lot of time, and it could wind up costing you a lot
more then you thought. Just look at Rich Deede, he imported a car from
a not so far off land and it was a PITA!

BTW: There was a mint Cosworth Escort at the Pine Barrens Express
rally in NJ that I was at last night. It was quite a sight to see,
especially when it was pulled over 3/4 of the way through the rally!
Also in attendance was a UrQuattro in good shape. Get a UrQuattro for
$10 to $12K instead.

Josh Able should import a car. This fits his MO perfectly. Bring in a
Porsche 959 or a Veyron or some shit... ;-)

-Marc