[tech] 8v recurve distributors

after staring at this dyno , (I stared at it because something was catching
my attention but my slow french canadian brain process could not figure out
what I was seeing - there happy now ? hehehehe)

<http://www.thepaty.plus.com/8v/top10/dyno_2.jpg>

I notice that it had an inetresting torque curve

3000-3500 RRPM - 119
then drops off a little (where most street cars with G grinds will drop off)
but  then at 5000-6000 there is a ne gain in Torque again - 124

now the only thing I can see is the difference is the recurved Distributor
he mentiones on his dyno.
Anyone else have experienced this perticular information ?

ATS - Patrick Bureau