From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Patrick Bureau
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 3:16 AM
To: Scirocco-L@Scirocco.Org
Subject: RE: CV Joints vs Axle assembly

Well if I had the time to mess with rebuilding my own cv joint I probably
would.

I always keep an old set of dead axles at the housse and I have been using
remans on the scirocco for years without a problems, but I have had one blow
on me (well split apart because the a-arm decided to take a walk one day -
ie broken frame) I simply grabbed an axle in the garage with my oreilly auto
parts bill, they ordered and provided me a new reman the same day.... 9
bolts later and about 30 mins, axle is on and car back on the road. Its all
about personal choice between changing bolt-on , and wanting to perform
surgery with assembly... personally I like the bolt-on idea.

but I understand Dave's point of view.

do what works for ya...

ATS - Patrick Bureau