  From: Dave Ewing
  To: Scirocco-L@Scirocco.Org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:48 PM
  Subject: RE: CV Joints vs Axle assembly

  Guaranteed forever is nice but I hate breaking down in the first place and
  having to go through all the stuff to get the axle replaced.  My opinion, if
  anyone cares, is to use cv joints.  You money is better spent and it will
  probably last about as long as you own your vehicle.  And if your racing you
  need better than stock anyway!  The shafts don't usually go bad unless you
  mess them up replacing the CV joint.  Also, since the outter joint is the
  common one to go bad you don't even have to take the axle out to replace it!
  Easy as pie and lasts longer than the "rebuilt by the blind" shafts.

  Hope you don't plan on these axles for your twin, Al!

  Just my $.02!

  Dave