Howdy all! Is this where the 12 step program is held? (2nd try)

Hi,

	Been lurking on the list for about a week now so I thought I
better take Patrick's advice and introduce myself.
	Hi my name is Tim.......and I'm a Scirocco addict. (Hi Tim!)
	I didn't start out this way or plan to be like this, but have had
to come to the realization that when you have more Sciroccos than family
members, a problem exists.
	The instigators of my condition should be held blameless as they,
even though they have addictive properties, did not push themselves on me.
I sought them out and spent exhorbitant amounts of time and/or money on
either their purchase or rehabilitation and still do so on a daily basis,
sometimes multiple times per day.
	I now realize that I have issues and am on the road to recovery as
I have taken the first step towards maintenance and recovery in
recognizing I have a problem, but it's sooooo hard as I have surrounded
myself w/ beauties. Let me bear witness to the fine fillys in my care.
	The oldest and most deviously practiced of them is the Mars red
(orig.) '84.5-'84.75 (small spare) 8v JH/4K. It's the one that started my
decline into dubbin'. She is the apple of my eye since I rekindled my
relationship w/ her early this spring.
	I'd broken it off w/ her after she continuously threatened to lose
a CV and leave me stranded. I left her alone for 1.5 yr. but couldn't
stay away and started turning an interested eye her way.
	This year I replaced the drive axle and then found myself buying
her pretty baubles starting
small w/ a K&N filter and a new sending unit, and before I knew it, the
baubles started turning into estate jewelry like an Audi 5k TB w/
accompanying Fox intake, 4-2 ex. mani. w/ Eurosport Flex/DP/2" Alum. cat
back and hi-flow cat, leather seats from the boneyard, and 16v trailing
arm w/ disks (which was completely reconditioned, as well as most of the
others above).
	She now purrs at my touch, but I'm sure will demand more as time
goes on to keep that attitude.

	The next one to snag my attention was a '87 16v that still dances
on the edge of legitimacy due to the former owner never switching title
from his purchase of her and leaving me w/ a "skip title" to track and
alleviate by getting ahold of the orig. (1st) owner.
	Her attractively lowered Eibach/Bilstein <sp?> combo threw me for
a loop and had me traveling to a different state (WI) to woo her into my
home even though it was evident that she'd been roughly treated in former
relationships (large dents in difficult areas and a poor maroon paint
job).
	That her HP was yet again 1/3 larger than her 8v sister riveted my
attention for a bit until I realized that she would be even more of an
attention hog and that I shouldn't start REALLY working on her until I
could devote solid blocks of time to her and her divorce from the PO
was final. I did some cosmetic surgery but have yet to finalize the
engagement.
	She is now a wall flower I tease weekly w/ a quick drive to
keep her supple, but wanting.

	The 3rd (or 4th, depending on how you view things) in this
addiction started as an internet affair via eBay as I was browsing for
baubles to satiate the other 2.
	I'd found a 47k mi. 1.8L transplant engine auction advertised and
when reading thru the immigration agreement found that the transplant came
in the back of a fully functioning bronze '86 8v to bring it home. I
followed the auction until it's end and was able to pick her up w/ the
transplant for a wink and a smile. Her hook was that she was 2 states
away. I bit the bullet and bought a bus ticket to rescue her from her
Russian PO in Cleavland.
	She was all that I could have wished for and more as she whisked
me back towards home in her strong presence w/ only 1 incident to remind me
that she, after all, was still a 'Roc and would demand attention as her
due. I'm thinking she'll be impressed into winter DD duty as she
has been the most reliable and patient it being that I still need to
address her tattered rainment.

	Each of these houri have been impressed into forced participation
in a web pages which chronical their rehabilitation and developement (I
have to recoup their expenditure somehow, correct? It's not like there is
no cost to their care and feeding) in various states of undress <wink>.
	They can be viewed w/o cost at the following locations, as I
really can't justify charging for the pleasure until they are of world
class quality:

84.(7)5 8v (the Lexicar or the red one)
 <URL>http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/scirocco/index.html</URL>

87 16v (the 16v or the purple one)
 <URL>http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/16v/index.html</URL>

86 8v (the brown one)
 <URL>http://unrealexpectations.ath.cx/86_8v/86_8v.html</URL>

	The pictures are of high pixel rate and huge so dial-up browsers
be forewarned!!! If you have HTML email you should be able to just click
on the titles.
	If you see <URL> in front of any of those addresses, please
ignore the beginning "<URL>", or ending  "</URL>" when you paste the URL
into you browser.

	Thanks for listening to me vent! I look forward to the insight and
news available from such a learned body such as yourselves.

Luvvin' the dubbin',

Tim