De : scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]De la part de Sara Arms
Envoy? : mardi 18 novembre 2003 17:38
? : scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Objet : Winter Beater Wars, anyone??? I have an idea!

OKay... okay... so I know us "up north folk" are a wee-bit out of the way
for everyone, but I had a cute little idea that I thought could get
hilariously interesting if you bums decide to actaully take me up on it.
I'm throwing this idea out WAY in advance... I'm thinking like an early
February date would be best, so start planning if it sounds fun or
interesting.

There's a lake here in good 'ol Vermont that you are more than welcome to
drive your car out onto in the winter and have as much fun as you can
possible handle.  The SCCV has ice trials out there, and does tons of other
cool stuff.  MY VISION, if you will, is all of us lined up at the end of the
day with our crap ass winter beater cars (well, mines pretty sad at least, I
can't speak for everyone) taking a group picture out on the ice... it'll be
just like those nice pictures of everyone at waterfest, except with nasty
corollas and mazdas and WHATEVER else people whip out for those cold winter
months.

I thought it'd be fun to have some kind of friendly competition over the
weekend.  You all know you're DYING to come to freezing Vermont in February,
right?  :)

Anyway... it's just an idea.  It could get more technical if people want,
like bringing studded tires and such, or just be a day of making cool video
tape of 360's on a giant frozen lake.  I can picture Anson out on that lake,
it would be crazy!  Marc Getty... we ALL want to see that too... everyone
needs to come!  It's up to anyone... whoever's interested.  Sound fun?

Let me know!!!  I'd love to have everyone come visit!  Winter gets lonely
here!  Keep us company!

Sara
Burlington, VT
'84 Rabbit GTI
'91 All-Trac Wagon "The ice trial champion"
http://community.webshots.com/user/gtigirlie