Undercoating removal...Success!

> "John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:
> Forgot to throw this on to my last post about the rotisserie. I was
> peeling some loose undercoating off the '78 this evening when I thought of trying a
> propane torch to see if I could cook it off...

I used a standard heat gun (like a super hair dryer) and it worked wonders.  Add $2 for a cheapo
putty knife and you're down to the paint in no time.  Without the high risk of an open flame
(although this can and does ignite the tar, if you're not careful).

Have heard of the dry ice trick, but have not tried it.

Ron