Rear Main Seal leaking...again!

Hey all, I'm new here, I need to seek that advice of experienced scirocco owners.

A few months ago I replaced the rear main seal and clutch in my '81 rocco(8v 1.6, FI). However I was very disappointed when it soon started
leaking again (I think). I'm pretty sure it's coming from the same spot.

There is a nice oil slick growing on the underbelly of my car. I'm wondering if I did something wrong when I replaced the seal, ot if there
is something I need to look for when I open it back up.

What I plan to do is pressure wash it as best as I can, then tear into it to replace the seal again, I want to be sure that I find the
reason why this has re-occured so soon after replacement.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

-m.