ran out of oil.

David <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
> I can only guess that with less oil circulating, the oil cooked
> itself, coked up the passages a bit...

A big reason to switch to full synthetic oil, if you haven't done
so already, is that it works better under extreme heat conditions.
I've had the oil hoses on my Audi 200 Turbo Quattro blow out
3 times (don't ask), spilling oil all over the place. The 2nd time
I drove a mile to my home with the oil pressure light shining
brightly.  The engine is still running fine at 230K miles. I credit
the Mobil 1.

Kent