[Re: [To the track... my 80 tries the 1/4]]

> There was ONE that I recall beating Ben, a blue Civic sleeper that ran 14.3.
 No idea what was
> under the hood.  The rest were in the 15.1 range at best, IIRC, with several
fancy paint jobs in
> the 16 sec. range.

The fast ones usually are sleepers, they desire the same exact thing as we do.
Then there are those on trailers...the local fast guy ran under 9 again in his
"new" car, another civic. He'll be to mid 9s by mid season, he was taking it
easy. I love it when those guys have a 'problem' and still run 11's,
sickening.

> T-shirt saying of the night (Mustang driver):  "All bling and no zing makes
Johnny a racer."

> > > I made three passes tonight, and all were consistent
> > > 14.8 sec. @ 91 mph.
>
> And scared the sin out of one green Camaro with side exhausts who *barely*
nipped Ben at the
> finish...the whole evening made me proud to be a dubber.

Amen brother. Power class was full of them last race, one BMW, one Nissan, and
the rest all VWs. Lots in the other classes too. I notice they usually have
staying power too, they hang in till the very end, or win. Tell Ben, there's a
MkII VR Golf up here that ran about the same as him, and that car's massaged.
(He beat a certain silver car) Whatever the hell Ben did, there may well be "a
replacement". Excellent.
Cathy