[To the track... my 80 tries the 1/4]

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> Now all you need is one of those "eat my Sauerkraut" stickers for the
> hatch...

And darn it, I forgot to bring him one...

> Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ... but sure enough there were plenty of slooooow ricers
> > on the scene... ok, maybe a *few* of them were pretty quick.

There was ONE that I recall beating Ben, a blue Civic sleeper that ran 14.3.  No idea what was
under the hood.  The rest were in the 15.1 range at best, IIRC, with several fancy paint jobs in
the 16 sec. range.

T-shirt saying of the night (Mustang driver):  "All bling and no zing makes Johnny a racer."

> > I made three passes tonight, and all were consistent
> > 14.8 sec. @ 91 mph.

And scared the sin out of one green Camaro with side exhausts who *barely* nipped Ben at the
finish...the whole evening made me proud to be a dubber.  The only other VW besides Ben's and
Anson's was a GTI 1.8T who bested many ricers as well, running 15.1's.

All in all, *outstaning* job, Benny.

Ron