Speaker sizes?

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 01:53:40AM -0400, Ryan H wrote:
> I'm looking to replace my blown factory speakers, and was wondering,
> what are the sizes front and rear of the speakers?  It's a 1988
> 16V.  Thanks!

4X6 Euro, which means they have an oval frame with little mounting tabs,
rather than the rectangular plate 90% of all 4X6 speakers have.  Pretty
much without exception, all 4X6 speakers suck.  You can fit 6" rounds in
the rear without cutting any metal, you just need a 1" thick spacer
ring. (Crutchfield sells them for sure, so does Parts Express.)
5.25" rounds can be made to fit in the front, but reqiure some metal
trimming, fabrication of mounting brackets,  and other evil hackery
to install.

Dan

--
		The Apocalypse is INVISCID!

  		    --  Gary Yngve

(on modeling nuclear explosions with the Navier-Stokes equations.)