What tools will I need?

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:34:45AM -0400, Drew Teague wrote:

> Lug wrench, allen wrench (different size depending on what calipers you
> have)  phillips head screwdriver,

I would add that an impact screwdriver (not a pneumatic tool... you smack
it with a BFH) can be invaluable in loosening the caliper screw.

>  and something to push the cylinder back
> in the caliper.  Sears has a great tool for this for around $10 or so.
> I've also heard a C clamp will work.

For my truck, you certainly need a clamp.  For a VW, reasonably strong
thumbs work fine.

> Some auto store employees will try to
> convince you that you need caliper lube, but I'm not convinced it's 100%
> necessary.  Other than that, just the parts!  :)

This you certainly want.  It's only friggin 79 cents for a packet, don't
be a tightwad.

Dan

--
Microsoft Haiku #159: