Vibration = tranny?

Ok well, I am not all angry or anything. Maybe I sould have put some smilies
in there :) I am just trying to offer up some experienced advice.

On a side note, maybe its my own vendetta against reman axles

Here's a little story:

A million years ago, when I was married to a psycho bitch, I worked on her
car. It was an '82 Jetta. When I got the car for her it was in need of all 4
joints (didnt even need to take them apart to find out). I thought to my
self; "Self, it would be really cheap jsut to stick reman axles in there,
she doesnt drive it hard, and worse case I have to change one every year. No
problem, it take 5 mins max to change one out." So I went ahead and ordered
the reman ones. I put them in the car. Left side makes noise. Shit, well I
can wait a while. Took it to the tire shop to have tires put on. They ran
the car on the lift for me. All kinds of scary noises. Ok back to the psycho
bitch part, I was not having a good feeling about it breaking on her and
listening to the onslaught of evils to come. So I warrantied that one and
put it in. Cool, no noises. Boot tears 1 month later on the other axle. This
story goes on for about 6 axles in 7 months. Finally, I made them warranty
both axles (after they were making noise and had torn boots). Then I sold
the car to this kid for a rediculously cheap amount who ended up stiffing me
for the rest of the payment anyway. Havent heard from him about those. Or
anything else after he stiffed me.

Not really much to do about the ex. But never the less, changing axles all
the time was getting old and it was getting me dirty ( I dotn like getting
dirty at work ;)

Next story, I have taken quite a few axles out of cars for a service. One
thing that really sucks is if you are working on an '88 Jetta and you take
the axle out to service it and have ordered all possible joint kits and boot
kits to get the job done without waiting for any parts and you find out the
axle is using joints from a '79 rabbit (the kind with external c-clips).
Then the car either sits on the rack (now you are losing money on the job)
or you hope you have the right axle that belongs in the car sitting in the
used parts section of the shop. The other part that sucks is that now you
have taken apart 2 axles just to do a routine maintenance job. You have
spent twice the time alotted to do the job and also have to call the
customer and explain to them why they needed a new axle shaft. Not fun.

Hopefully you guys can see where I come from. I mean I dont mean to shit in
anyone potatoes. I am jsut trying to help and explain things from a larger
point of view.

:) :) Now if anyone wants to come over and have a beer LMK :)

Chris DeLong
Fine Tuning
206.367.5503
www.finetuningperformance.com