Vibration = tranny?

Chris, while I nod to your experience, let me say your statement is a little too broad.

There are crap remans, LOTS of them out there, but there are a few companies that make great reman axles.  I worked for a local import parts shop that uses a company here in Denver called CVJ.  We didn't have those axels coming back at all, and all the shops we delivered to raved about their quality.  They used OEM boots and grease (at least the VW stuff anyway) and reused factory cages if they were good, or put new cages in (not sure on if they were german cages).  Yes, they were more pricey than your FLAPS reman, but not as costly as total new joints either...so it was a good deal.  I've had them in several of my VWs with NO ill effects, and I don't treat my cars lightly either.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg