Vibration = tranny?

Ok two more things then.

1. IF you worked on as many VW's every day for as long as I have then I
would consider your statement to be slightly noteworthy
2. I would VERY much like to know where you got the info that REMAN (short
for REMANUFACTURED) axles come with NEW joints. I would also like you to
explain how it is then that REMAN axles with NEW joints have not been heat
treated like NEW GERMAN joints.

Basically I have put lots of reman axles in a few cars. Mostly at the
customer request even though they were advised not to. I have also had to
take them out and put replacement ones in frequently. I think it comes down
to the bottom line that people like the ease of swapping out and axle with
known crap as opposed to taking the original axle out and taking the joints
off and cleaning/inspecting/replacing as neccessary. I have NEVER had a
German new joint bad out of the box. I have personally owned 6 bad reman
axles in the time span of 7 months on one car that was not drivne very hard
at all. If you actually sit down and do the calculations you will find that
a new joint is only about 60$ per joint (2 per axle) and they come with new
boots. Yes, those are NEW German parts. So for an extra bit of your time and
about 50$ you get something that will last an easy 60k miles of hard
driving. Show me that ratio with a reman axle. I dare ya.

To those taht have reman axles in your cars. No offense. Jsut trying to
offer up some factual information regarding these bastard parts.

Chris DeLong
Fine Tuning
206.367.5503
www.finetuningperformance.com