Vibration = tranny?

I had the exact same problem with my car as you Josh. Turned out my back rim was kind of pushed in on one side, creating a side-to-side wobble. It wasn't really noticable until you got under the car and rotated the wheel. Have you taken the rims to a shop to have them spin them? And since you can't rotate them, do you at least have a spare set you could throw on? Dan

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:I completly think its your tires bro. I know you said you can't rotate them
out but anytime I have had a vibration on ANY car at speed it has always been
related to tires/wheels. Whether it be a bent rim, out of balance tire,
shifted belt. Shit one time i overfilled a tire with air and it got a bubble in it
and caused a huge vibration. I doubt it has anything to do with that tranny
piece you found. GL

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6