how do i keep the flex pipe from tearing

--- "pearl16v@yahoo.com" <pearl16v@yahoo.com> wrote:
> it seems as though the area around the catalytic
> converter use to have a rubber grommet that held the
> area up, well, no it has nothing holding that area
> up. might be why its doomed to tear.

Yes, I would say that's an obvious reason you keep
breaking the pipes. That rubber grommet is keeping the
weight off the flex pipe, or would have been in your
case. And to top it off, the biggest culprit for
vibration is the passenger side motor mount. So, if
you're saying you haven't replaced those two items, DO
IT! I'm sure your flex pipe will appreciate it.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'86 Scirocco 16V
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4