When Studs break....

My steering has been pretty messed up.  The steering rack shifts back and
forth on my car so that the wheel has a big deadzone before I get any
steering response.   I jacked my car up last night and found that the bottom
stud on the for the steering rack U bracket had snapped.  This is a manual
steering rack so now I only have one bolt holding it down and that lets it
slide back and forth.

>From what I could tell this stud is built into the frame so now I don't know
what I'm going to do.  Any ideas? Is there a place from the inside that I
can get to the rear of the stud so I can cut it out and weld a new one in?

This is the second stud on the car that has snapped and I'm really sick of
it.