Might "HAVE" to convert to rear discs - need refresher

1. not necessarily,  from 85-88 on the rocco's the pedal cluster is the
same, I looked in the ETKA, and a cabby 84  and a scirocco 87 have the same
part numbers from pedal bracket, clutch and brake pedal parts. I thought the
brake booster could be different (and you should check that part #, but
according to ETKA caddy 84 has a booster 171-612-107G which was standard
from 85-88 on the scirocco (8v or 16v)

2. when I changed over to the 16v brakes on my 8v, I re-used a set of 8v
proportioning valves. I see no ill effect to it so far (but the brakes are
strong!!)
   scirocco 85 Proportioning valves are part # 533-612-151 and the 16v PP #
533-612-151-A, as far as finding them click on this link and you can buy
them from IMpex auto parts.
<http://www.impexfap.com/partlist.cfm?getpart=7104&PARTNUMBERSEARCH=53361215
1#part7104>

3. if the brakes are currently drums, yes you will need to, and you will
need the rocco 16v cables I do believe, could be wrong due to the actual
length of the scirocco compared to the cabby.

Http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/
'85 2.0L Prowler Orange Kamei X1 Rocco
'85 1.8L Titian Red Rocco (daily driver)
'98 4.0L Jeep Cherokee
'91 7.3L F250 diesel Super cab,8 Ft box.