Vibration = tranny?

> And Toby, that is pretty cool that you noticed that they were put together
> wrong; however, I bet you 25$ USD that if you were to take that axle out now
> and inspect it you would find at LEAST one bad joint.

I have the tranny and axles out right now and they feel fine. No
rotational slop or crap-filled grease.

I'm not saying they'll last forever, but the cost of the reman axle was
1/4 the price of replacing the two joints individually. At the time, that
was a good deal for me. I don't think I would do it again, though.

> You see kids, reman axles are assembled by 6 yo kids in china. Therefore in
> china they dont see the need to case harden the races. This leads to
> extremely premature joint failure. Jsut ask anyone who has ever serviced a
> reman axle for a German car.

I'm sure you're right, but I think some are probably better (and worse)
than others.

-Toby