scary engine/clutch noise - update

Okay so I finally looked in to this -- it appears that something is
chewing up my tranny bellhousing, probably an errant flywheel bolt that
loosened itself somehow. I pulled the timing plug and there were nice
aluminum shavings sprinkled on the bottom of it. So I'm definitely pulling
my tranny; I'm hoping for the best (ie. all I have to buy are new flywheel
bolts)

There is no noise until I step on the clutch pedal then there is an ugly
grinding sound. Being in or out of gear while on the clutch pedal makes no
difference.

What is the torque specification on the flywheel bolts? I put them at
whatever was in the bentley when I re-installed the clutch, but somewhere
on the net I read that you're supposed to give them an extra 1/4 or 1/2
turn after torquing them and if you don't they will back out and what
happened to me will happen..?

-Toby