phantom grip diffs

Toby wrote:
> A simpler solution to the quaife problem is just to apply slight
> brake pressure if you ever get one front wheel off the ground. That
> should be enough to get torque transferred to the most-grippy wheel
> (ie. the one that is touching the ground) and get you moving again.

Yup, that's exactly what we rally loonies do when we lose an axle, wheel, or
whatever. In fact, the very fact that we can get a true 1WD (versus simply
being stuck) is another reason why we use limited slip diffs. Dragging the
brake isn't possible all the time, of course. So, that's why I was asking
about the Peloquin with shim kit combination. :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut