Help! clutch problem!

Hey all,
Well I'm back to the list after a while being gone.  Anyway,  I was at a stoplight, and pushed the clutch in then I heard a small pop and the pedal went to the floor.  I have a ton of play in my clutch now and if I push the pedal all the way to the floor it barley engages.  What could this be??  Cable slip?  I don't think the cable broke because it still pulls.  Let me know what this can be as I am not familiar with clutch problems yet.  Thanks!!!
Colin Mullaney