Shift linkage

Hey all,

Easy question, does the shift linkage have to be changed when going from a 4
speed to a 5 speed? If so what actually needs to be changed? What else might
need a changing, I have a 1.8L mated to a 4sp now.

I may have "The Project" up and running by the end of the month woo hoo!! It
won't be pretty but it should be autoX ready. It's a driving billboard for
por15 products, I should see if I can get sponsorship money from them ;) .

TIA,

Tom C
'79 "The Project" Scirocco