Tornado in your airfilter

Jorel Jackson wrote:

> The wife and I were happily motoring about when one of
> our turn signal lights burns out. We pull into a NAPA
> to get a replacement light. The wife goes in because
> I'm holding onto our angry cat with my leather work
> gloves on. She goes in and comes up behind this guy
> who is buying this "tornado" device for his Toyota
> Tacoma. Rumor has it that you put this in with your
> air filter and you get better gas mileage and up to 25
> extra horse power. Ever skeptical of such things, I
> ask if anyone has ever heard of this system? They cost
> about $80 and can go in lots of different vehicles.
>
> =====
> Jorel Jackson
> 1987 16V Scirocco

These guys have a late night infomercial. It look like it might help a
really old inefficient motor (carb era) but in a modern (FI) motor it
looks to negate any gains by making for more restrictions.

Id like to copy one for testing, but I'd thing swirling the intake
would benefit most from four individual units, one to each runner
right as it goes into the cylinder.

TBerk