New appreciation

Like the subject says, I have a new found appreciation for Volkswagen. For
the last three evenings I've been trying to change the transmission on my
folks '90 90 Quattro. That thing was designed by masochists. There was
apparently no thought to fixing these things when they made them. Not only
can you not reach anything because ten other things are in the way but they
never heard of studs. Everything is nuts and bolts forcing in a lot of
instances that a helper be on hand. Maybe tomorrow I'll have this thing out.
Then I'm probably looking at 30 more hours to put the new one in. ARGH! I
could have changed three Volkswagen transmissions by now.

Rick Alexander